Postcards From Barcelona

March 05, 2015

Almost excactly a month ago, I landed back home from my week-long trip to Barcelona and now I've pulled myself together to do a round-up post. This one is more general talk and pictures, emotions and pretty views. I'm also planning to do a post about my tips and recommendations about Barcelona (and the food!), so if you're up for a travel guide, keep coming back. 
But now, to the trip! I must break it to you, I was kind of disappointed. Not drastically, but the city didn't really feel very "me", I didn't connect with the Barcelona vibe. It sounds like something very stuck up and picky and not deserving to go away ever again, and believe me, I didn't walk around with a frown all the time, but I just didn't have the time of my life. It was all very pretty, Gaudi houses were nice and I liked it in general, but it wasn't anything spectacular. Maybe I'd set myself such big expectations, when in reality, it's just a city. 
It might have something to do with us going there in January, which for a city so vibrant and summery, might not be the best time. It was windy. All. The. Time. I really want to go back sometime in the summer, when a few years have passed and I've overcome my stuck-up-ness. Another things, the city is really lively and outgoing, so if you're a social person (I mean random guys mimicking tearing their heart out for you), then don't hesitate going!
I did get a very invaluable injection of spring, sunshine and Spanish to survive a few more dreary months.
It's not you, Barcelona, it's me. 

Peaaaegu täpselt kuu aega tagasi maandusin koduses Tallinna lennujaamas ja jõudsin tagasi oma nädalaselt reisilt Barcelonasse ja alles nüüd jõudsin selleni, et oma muljetest postitus kokku panna. See on rohkem üldine jutt ja palju ilusaid pilte, emotsioone ja vaateid. Varsti teen ka konkreetsema näpunäidete ja soovitustega postituse ehk kui keegi otsib väikestviisi reisijuhti, siis tulge ikka tagasi. 
Aga nüüd, reisi juurde! Kui nüüd täiesti aus olla ja kõik kaardid lauale lüüa, siis ma pisut pettusin. Mitte tohutult ja dramaatiliselt, aga ma kuidagi ei saanud selle linnaga ühele lainele. Tundub väga nõme asi, mida öelda ja ma tõesti ei kõndinud kogu aeg mossis näoga ringi, aga samas ei olnud see ka mu elu parim reis. Kõik oli tõesti ilus, Gaudi majad olid toredad ja üldiselt mulle ikka meeldis reisil olla, aga see polnud miskit märkimisväärset. Äkki ma seadsin endale liialt suured ootused Hispaania ja Barcelona jaoks, kuigi tegelikkuses on see lihtsalt linn. 
Võib-olla on asi selles, et me käisime Barcas jaanuaris, mis pole just parim aeg niivõrd suvise ja elava linna külastamiseks. Kogu aeg oli meeletult tuuline. Tõesti. Kunagi, paari(kümne) aasta pärast lähen kindlasti suvisel ajal tagasi. Veel üks asi, Barcelona on tõesti elav ja sotsiaalne linn, mis sobib täpselt sellistele inimestele, kes jaksavad nii palju suhelda ja endasse haarata. 
Tegelikult sain korraliku koguse päikesepaistet, kevadet ja hispaania keelt, et veel mõned nirud kuud üle elada!
Asi ei ole sinus, Barcelona, asi on minus. 


Follow me on FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER BLOGLOVIN 

22 comments :

  1. Hi Piia,
    I love the pictures :)
    But I totally get what you mean. Especially that part: "when in reality, it's just a city."
    We often see a lot of beautiful pictures and people telling their amazing (sugarcoated and dream-like) stories of their trips and in the end you can only be disappointed when you go there yourself. :/
    www.color-castles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Some time during the trip I realised that I keep looking for the picture perfect moments to share.

      Delete
  2. very beautiful pictures, I envy you)
    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend visiting Barcelona! It really is a gorgeous city.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and blog! I just found your blog.Would you like to follow each other in GFC and Instagram.
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll check out your blog right away !

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Love this post

    -Kárin

    NEW POST!!!
    KÀRIN STYLES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these photos are amazing and I love your outfit! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! wish I could go there,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your photos, it makes me miss Barcelona even more. the city is definitely so much better and more vibrant in the summer :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose every city is just a city, we must find that which makes it unique to us. These photos are stunning.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your blog very much! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is sooo cute. Photos are awesome :))

    Visit me: Kapege life moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great photos! You look gorgeous on them as well (I really love your clothingstyle) also; I adore your glasses!

    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/eye-adore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, Barcelona looks amazing! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely pics, would love to visit Barcelona too!!

    http://girlblussh.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello ♥
    really nice post and lovely photos!!!
    Have a look:
    www.femme-noble.de
    Lovely greetings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these photos are sooo beautiful!! So lucky of you to have visited Barcelona! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! the view, the architecture and the overall vibe is amazing there!! :D

    have a great week, dear!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are stunning, Barcelona looks like a beautiful place!
    x
    http://www.vintagechic.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Barcelona! Maybe it is just a city, but I think that it has something special compared with other ones. For example, Madrid is more conventional in this sense... it is a normal city, with its peculiarities, but a very normal one. I recommend that you visit Barcelona again at summer or spring, and try to find someone local to guide you. Your opinion will change, I am sure!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)