Festival Fashion Ahead

July 13, 2015

My favourite festival (read: the only one I've been to) is this weekend and boy am I ready to dance on a field, eat trashy food and meet a few of my favourite indie bands. And almost ready to camp for three nights. It's so close that I can feel us reaching our hands towards each other, fingertips almost touching, Tom Odell playing on the background. I've got that festival feeling in me and it's slightly affecting my outfit choices too, but since the weather is playing tricks on us, I can't really wear dainty little dresses and have to improvise.
So on that one day, when I really wanted to wear my fringed floral kimono (which was my special piece at last year's Positivus festival), I paired it with leather trousers to stay warm and that Topshop fedora for some much-needed wind-protection. This is the perfect in between outfit, which might work well with some post-festival-sadness too. Four more days to go!
Fun fact: my editor nicknamed this outfit "The Hat and the Curtain".

Mu lemmik suvine festival (ehk ainus pärisfestival, kus ma käinud olen) on juba sel nädalavahetusel ja ma olen oi-kui-elevil, et suvalisel Läti põllul tantsida, imehead rämpsu süüa ja toredate hipsterbändidega kohtuda. Ja peaaegu valmis kolm ööd telgis magama. Positivus on nii lähedal, et ma justkui tunnen, kuidas me sirutame käsi üksteise poole, sõrmeotsad peaaegu puutumas, Tom Odell taustaks kõlamas. Festivalitunne on mul igatahes sees ja see ikka mingil määral mõjutab mu hommikusi riietevalimisi ka. Kuna ilm on nagu ta on, siis päris pisikesi kleidikesi ma kanda ei saa ja pean pisut loominguline olema.
Ühel päeval, kui ma väga tahtsin seda narmastega kimonot kanda (ostsin selle ekstra eelmise aasta Positivuseks), panin selle kokku oma nahkpükstega, et ikka soe oleks ja musta kaabuga, et tuul mu juukseid totaalselt sassi ei ajaks. See on selline mõnus vahepealne riietus, mis ilmselt töötaks hästi ka siis, kui on festivalimelust vaja üle saada ja igapäevarutiiniga uuesti harjuda. Neli päeva veel!
Lõbus lugu: mu toimetaja pani sellele riietusele nimeks Kaabu ja Kardin ning küsis sarkastiliselt, kas see on tõepoolest kõige moodsam asi, mida 2015. aasta juulikuus kanda. 


 kimono- ebay (similar here and here)
leather trousers- reserved
hat- topshop
top- new yorker

24 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. That's true! Okay, there's probably cases where a kimono can be so wrong, but for adding that easy-breezy boho vibe, it's perfect!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look, I like your kimono. And I'm going to Positivus too! :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So cool that you're going, maybe we'll meet each other!

      Delete
  3. Olen 3-4 aastat Positivust juba külastanud, kuid teatud põhjustel jätan see aasta vahele :D

    Tegelikult mul pole väga kahjugi, sest sellist suurt peaesinejat pole nagu eelnevalt on olnud....

    Aga üldiselt Positivuse vaib on super ning sul saab kindlasti ülilõbus olema!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kusjuures ja, selle aasta lineup on suht kehv ja esimese päeva esinejad kõige paremad. Aga fun on loomulikult!

      Delete
  4. Love the hat, festival fashion is so fun!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love dressing up for festivals with fringes and flower crowns a plenty.

      Delete
  5. I love your style
    Isidora
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look :) Bisous from France, *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit!!!

    Flyovanje.blogspot.com
    Please follow me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how leather pants fits the kimono !!

    https://aforangelique.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's kind of an unexpected pairing, but it works really well.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a shopping list post with kimonos coming up, so keep your eyes peeled.

      Delete
  10. I love the kimono!!!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can shop for similar ones from the links under the pictures.

      Delete
  11. Thanks, Dylana! Your blog is really awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, I'll definitely check your site out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)