Before and after

June 23, 2012

Oh Land - White Nights 
(because the nights really are white and oh-so-magical)


No, the post is not about my new hair-colour, although the title might suggest that. It's about one of my skirts that I bought last summer. I really like the print and the colours on it, but I didn't really wear it a lot, so I decided to give it a new life for this summer. A pair of scissors and a sewing machine came to my help and I now have a lovely fishtail skirt. I love how it flows with wind! I found the DIY instruction here and it's really simple, if any of you is thinking of giving one of their skirts a new life also. Some other ways how I've worn  the skirt before can be found here, here and here
Kuigi pealkirja järgi võiks arvata, et olen juba juuksed ära värvinud, siis siiski mitte. Pealkiri vihjab hoopis ühele mu seelikule, mille ma endale eelmisel suvel ostsin. Mulle väga meeldib selle muster ja värv, aga samas, ma ei ole seda üldse palju kandnud. Otsustasin selleks suveks seelikule uue elu anda ja tegin selle eest lühemaks. Nüüd see on nii mõnusalt hõljuv ja lendlev tuule käes! DIY õpetuse leidsin siit, kui keegi soovib endale samasugust teha. "Enne" pildid võite leida siit, siit või siit


skirt- vintage+diy
shirt- ralph lauren
necklace- vintage
shoes- got from my aunt
belt-vintage
pictures by Getter

22 comments :

  1. love your outfit!that skirt is amazing :) such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful look! And I love your hair!

    I just followed your lovely blog and liked this post on Bloglovin. Hope you'll follow me back so that we stay in touch ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piia, this skirt is absolutely amazing! I'm so impressed you have "upgraded" it yourself. Don't know how it was looking before (maybe you should paste a picture: before and after? :) ) but now it is one of my favorites; shorter on a front and longer at the back. Big respect! And you look lovely by the way! Many kisses! xxx

    Matika

    http://martikasplanet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your outfit, it´s so pretty,especially the skirt ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, awesome seelik!! üldse väga petite oled. tres jolie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are gorgeus.
    And your outfit is amazing. :)

    http://marteaonthestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is absolutely adorable! Very EBV!
    Cheers,
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heii, ülilahe outfit ning mulle nii meeldib see seelik ja kaelakee.

    Tore, et mõne korraliku eesti blogi leidsin! Followisin sind bloglovini kaudu, sest sealt on mugavam postitusi jälgida.

    ♥:Evamaria

    http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love this skirt, you did an amazing job!

    Congratulations on Links a la Mode!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL DARLING! AND THE IDEA OF TURNING YOUR OLD SKIRT INTO THIS ONE TURNED OUT FABULOUS!
    LOVED THIS POST!
    http://therunwayoflife.blogspot.mx/
    BTW... GREAT PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful skirt. I love that cut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job on the diy. i love when you can take something that doesn't quite work, and turn it into a favorite! congrats on links à la mode too. i'm now following your blog. if you'd like to visit mine and maybe follow back it's http://www.lalamamma.blogspot.com.

    thanks,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Congrats on being featured on IFB links a la mode... fellow featurette :-) xoxo

    Tobruckave Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable outfit, really cute and pretty :)

    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  15. The whole look is great, but I am COMPLETELY in love with the necklace! I bet that goes with pretty much everything and looks good every time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the DIY element of this post! The skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous skirt and a great way to update something!
    Visit Style Quandary
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)